Event of Extreme Conditions
- When a warning is issued by sirens or other means, seek inside shelter. Consider the following:
- Small interior rooms on the lowest floor and without windows.
- Hallways on the lowest floor away from doors and windows.
- Rooms constructed with reinforced concrete, brick, or block with no windows.
- Stay away from outside walls and windows
- Use arms to protect head and neck
- Remain sheltered until the tornado threat is announced to be over.
- Assist people with disabilities in finding a safe place
Design supplies based on your location and needs. Learn how to prepare for the worst.